Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ranjan Sirha

I well remember taking Ranjan Sinha around campus on Colonials' weekend of 1986 when we were trying to recruit him.  He ended up running some very nice 800 meter races, then going to grad school at Stanford and afterwards living in many different places around the world working for the high tech industry.  So it is with very heavy heart that I am writing that he died of an accident in his apartment in Thailand.  There will be a memorial service in his hometown of Bernardville, NJ at the Vine Restaurant from 6-9 pm on July 16th.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This wasn’t an accident. He got killed by his girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

I know Ranjan. He was one of my best friends from his time in Tokyo. I was a college student,
he was working for BF Goodrich in Haneda airport. After 5 years, he was in Singapore, I ended up working in Tokyo. He invited me over his apartment in Singapore. He took me to some hip bars and restaurants in Singapore. It was so much fun to catch up with him and he was telling me about his girlfriend. He told me he was seeing this girl from Thailand. She doesn’t know how to read nor write. She is from a really poor family there is no electricity nor water. Her family is all very poor and depending on Ranjan. He told me her father was a really poor man that he was asking Ranjan to financially support her and her family. I thought it was all a scam. But Ranjan told me it’s love and he was okay to help her and her family. Then I found this news that he died on his own apartment. I tried to contact him the next day I had my child. He was by best friend and I promised him to let him know whe I had my first child. He never wrote me back. Then info is him he was found dead in his own apartment that he lived with his girl. He did tell me many times that she is really easy to get upset, very emotional. Ranjan told me many times that they got into arguments many time and she was really emotional. He told me that she pushed him when she got upset. He also told me that she gets really out or control and he didn’t know what to do with her. Ranjan is a very smart, well educated, reasonable person. I am extremely upset that he does this way and the police terminated the investigation before conclusion.